Facebook does offer a great way for the public to share our favorite, personal, or interesting videos with a wide variety of your friends. To upload videos on Facebook is very easy. But there can be some trouble uploading a video on Face book. Chances can be that your video is in a format that Facebook doesn't support, your video is too large, and you are not using the latest version of browser. So before we continue the tutorial how to upload a video to Facebook, we should pay attention to the Tips and Warnings below:
1. Ensure your video is in a Facebook supported format. Facebook support almost all video file types, but it recommends MP4. Please read the Facebook supported video file formats to find out more details. If you want to upload the unapproved file type, please check out how to do it from Part II: How to Upload Video in Unsupported Format on Facebook of the article.
2. Check that your video is under the maximum file upload size of 1024 MB. If it is too large, please use some editing software to shorten it.
3. Make sure the video is shorter than 20 minutes; the best Facebook videos are short - less than 2 minutes.
4. Play the video on your computer to see if it plays normally before you attempt to upload it to Facebook.
5. You and/or your friends must be in it.
6. Upload the video made by you or your friends.
7. Please don't try to upload the same video multi-times in order to speed up the process. It won't help.
Now, after you read the tips and warnings and make sure your video is ready to upload, let's start uploading a video to Facebook.
1. Sign in your Facebook home page if you have got one already. And then click "News Feed".
2. Click "Add Photos/Video" and then"Upload Photos/Video". Select a video from the native folder on your computer.
3. Click "Post" to start upload the video. Once your video is completely uploaded, you'll get a notification and you can tag your friends. If it's taking longer than a few hours to add a video to Facebook, please report a problem.
If you are uploading a video in the format incompatible with Facebook, you need to convert the video to a format that Facebook supports. For instance, if you attempt to upload RMVB, RM, MXF, or XAVC file to Facebook, you can first convert them to MP4 before uploading them. To do the conversion, we recommend you the iOrgSoft Video Converter (Video Converter Mac ). It supports a large amount of video formats including regular and HD videos. You'll easily solve the unsupported video format problem to Facebook with the program.
iOrgSoft video Converter allows users to do video conversion among various video file formats, which helps solove the video incompatible issues.
After you launch the video converter, please add the video that you attempt to upload to Facebook but can't due to incompatible issue to the Video Converter. To import video, you can simply drag and drop it to the main working place or you can select it by clicking the "Add File" button. You are allowed to add multiple files at one time and merge them into a single one if needed.
Next, please move on by selecting proper output format. Facebook recommends using MP4 format. So you might as well choose MP4 as the output format. To get the output format list, please click the "Profile" option list. You'll find the output formats are grouped and optimized by format and device. So, you can choose MP4 from "Common Video" category or from "Web Share" category. We suggest you choose "Web share">"Facebook (*.mp4)".
To quickly find the Facebook MP4, you can type MP4 or Facebook on the searching box on top left corner of the output format list.
After choose the MP4 output format, optionally, you can adjust the video resolution, frame rate, and bit rate by clicking the "Settings" button next to the "Profile".
If your video is too large, you can shorten it by clicking the "Trim" button where you can extract your favorite parts from the whole video. And it allows you to merge the trimmed segments into a new one.
Finally, please press the conversion icon on the main interface to start converting video to MP4 for Facebook uploading. When finishes, you'll get a notification to open the file folder. You can directly upload the converted video to Facebook successfully.