Import Canon EOS 5D MOV to FCP7/X
Convert Canon EOS 5D Mark II 1080P MOV Video to Apple prores 422 for FCP7/X
The Canon EOS 5D Mark II record full HD movie at 1920×1080 and SDTV at 640×480 resolution in MOV formats. However, The log and transfer method on FCP X does not work for the HD MOV videos.
So, it is necessary to convert 5D Mark II MOV footages to ProRes 422 for FCP X is necessary. There are five kinds of Apple Prores: Apple ProRes 4444, Apple ProRes 422 (HQ), Apple ProRes 422, Apple ProRes 422 (LT) and Apple ProRes 422 (Proxy).
However, Apple Pro Res LT is a great codec for ENG use, good quality, lowish data rates, smallish files, but it is chucking a lot of colour information away. Keeping it at regular ProRes 422 (HQ) or ProRes 422 (HQ) should retain more colour depth making your images punchier.
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Video to prores 422 converter supports converting MTS files to Apple ProRes 422(HQ) (*mov)), then import converted MTS video to Final Cut Pro, Final Cut Pro 6, Final Cut Pro 7 and new Final Cut Pro X for editing on Mac Lion.
Transcode Canon EOS 5D Mark II MOV to ProRes 422 for FCP X/7/6
1. Transfer Canon EOS 5D Mark II MOV to Mac
Connect Canon EOS 5D Mark II DLSR to Mac with a USB cable. Copy the MOV files to hard drive on Mac.
2. Download and Run AVCHD Converter for Mac as the Top-notch Canon EOS 5D Mark II Video to prores 422 converter. Click the "Add files" button to load the MOV videos to the program.
3. Choose output format and destination
Click the "Profiles" option, and choose HD Video >Quicktime (*mov) as the output format. Click the "output" button to specify the output destination.
4. After the output format and destination are set, click the convert button and the converted Video from Canon EOS 5D Mark II MOV Videos to ProRes 422 will be ready for you to edit on FCP X.
- Useful AVCHD to MP4 Converter Simply Convert AVCHD to MP4
- How to Edit MTS Files with MTS Editor
- XAVC Converter for Mac
- Convert MXF files on Mac
- MTS to DVD maker for mac lion
- How to Convert XAVC to MP4 on Windows and Mac OS X
- Import MTS to Final Cut Pro on OS X Mountain Lion
- Import MTS files to iMovie 08, 09, 11
- Convert MXF to DVD Mac