As the majority of Mac users has already upgraded their OS to OSX 10.9 Mavericks, an increasing number of them are wondering how to transfer PDF from Mavericks to iPad Air, iPhone 5s, iPod Touch, etc. Previously, when you transfer PDFs from Mac to your iDevices, you should derectly drag them to the "Books" section on the sidebar in iTunes, and then sync them via iTunes. However, the only problem is that there is no "Books" section in iTunes on Mavericks. So how can you fix the problem? With this, I've written this guide.
Different with the past OSX versions, in Mavericks, you should open "iBooks" app, place your PDFs there, and then sync them to your iPad/iPhone:
1) Launch iBooks on Mavericks;
2) Navigate to "Collection" tab;
3) On the left sidebar, click "PDFs";
4) Directly drag and drop your desired PDF files onto the interface;
5) Connect your iPad/iPhone to Mac, and then open iTunes if it is not yet opened;
6) You will then see the "Books" tab automatically appears near the "TV Shows" and "Photos" tab on iTunes' panel;
7) Check the "Sync Books" box, and then select the PDFs you need accordingly;
8) Lastly, click "Apply" to begin syncing.
As to transferring PDF to iPad Air/iPhone 5s, I would suggest you convert PDF to EPUB format first before transferring. PDF is not the default or preferred format for reading ebooks on iDevices while EPUB is, providing the best reading experience via using the iBooks app.
The advantages and benefits of using EPUB format rather than PDF is quite obvious, you should definitely convert PDF to EPub for iBooks app to enjoy better reading experience. To do the PDF to EPub conversion on Mac Mavericks, iOrgsoft PDF Converter for Mac is of great help. It can convert PDF to various formats including EPub with fast speed while keeping original file formatting and quality. Besides, it also supports batch conversion, so you can get all your PDFs converted at one time (click here to check the user guide). After the conversion, just follow solution 1 (almost the same steps) above to sync the ebooks to your iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, etc with ease.