AVI VS WMV
Comparsion between AVI and WMV
AVI is a multimedia container format introduced by Microsoft in November 1992 as part of its Video for Windows technology. AVI files can contain both audio and video data in a file container that allows synchronous audio-with-video playback.
WMV is a video compression format for several proprietary codecs developed by Microsoft. The original video format, known as WMV, was originally designed for Internet streaming applications, as a competitor to RealVideo.
- 1.Both AVI and WMV are audio and video containers, meaning that they are used to play video on Windows systems.
- 2.AVI's greatest advantage over WMV is that it is more compatible across different platforms. like Mac and Linux.
- 3.WMV's advantage is that it compresses the video more than AVI, but lower quality than AVIs.
- 4.Saving your file to either MOV or AVI would result in the same video if you use the same codec
AVI VS WMV Related Articles on Mac
- Convert all video files on Mac
- AVI to MOV Mac
- How to convert AVI to Flash on Mac os x
- AVI to iPad Mini
- AVI to iMovie
- AVI to AMV
- RM to WMV
- MPG to WMV
- QuickTime 7 MOV to WMV
- MPG to AVI Mac
- Torrent to AVI
- M4V to AVI
- wmv to final cut pro
- WMV to FCP
- WMV to 3GP